Join Our Residency
A passion for making a difference in students’ lives.
A commitment to personal and professional development.
An appreciation for mentorship and collaboration.
These qualities define our residents.
Are You Eligible?
We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
- Are career-changers or recent college graduates.
- Have a 3.0+ GPA in undergraduate work, and have not taken more than 18 hours in education courses.
- Are NOT currently certified to teach in the U.S.
- Have a strong commitment to the high-needs students of New York City.
- Can commit to the 18-month residency and to four years of teaching in New York City public schools after the successful completion of the residency.
- Have taken the GRE (View GRE Eligibility). Make sure to submit online application as soon as possible. You do not need to wait for your GRE scores to fill out the initial application.
- Must also meet subject area requirements subject area eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
The 2017-2018 Cohort application is now open. Below you will find the steps needed to complete the application process: