Are You Eligible for UTR?
Please Note that the Application Deadline Has Passed. For Future Applications, We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
- Are career-changers or recent college graduates.
- Are committed to teaching in high-needs schools in Queens, New York.
- Have a 3.0+ GPA in undergraduate work, and have not taken more than 18 hours in education courses.
- Are NOT currently certified to teach in the U.S.
- Have a strong commitment to the high-needs students of New York City.
- Can commit to the 18-month residency and to four years of teaching in New York City public schools after the successful completion of the residency.
- Have taken the GRE. Make sure to submit online application as soon as possible.
- Must also meet subject area requirements subject area eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
The 2018-2019 application is now open. Please complete our initial interest form.
Application Step 1:
Gather your application materials (all undergraduate unofficial transcripts, including transfer credits, resume) and register to take the GRE.
Application Step 2:
Submit your application using our online portal.