Join Our Residency
A passion for making a difference in students’ lives.
A commitment to personal and professional development.
An appreciation for mentorship and collaboration.
These qualities define our residents.
Are You Eligible?
We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
- Are career-changers or recent college graduates.
- Have a 3.0+ GPA in undergraduate work, and have not taken more than 18 hours in education courses.
- Are NOT currently certified to teach in the U.S.
- Have a strong commitment to the high-needs students of New York City.
- Can commit to the 18-month residency and to four years of teaching in New York City public schools after the successful completion of the residency.
- Have taken the GRE (View GRE Eligibility).
- Must also meet subject area requirements subject area eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
The 2017-2018 Cohort application will open September 2016. To apply, use our online portal as well as the New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) online application. Due to the large volume of applicants, UTR looks to the NYCTF process to help us pre-screen applicants.
Application Step 1:
Gather your application materials (all undergraduate unofficial transcripts, including transfer credits, resume) and register to take the GRE.
Application Step 2:
Submit your application using our online portal when the application opens in Fall 2016. In the meantime, you can sign up to attend an information session.
Application Step 3:
Submit an application to NYC Teaching Fellows. UTR will contact applicants who will move forward in the selection process.