Join Our Residency
The 2018-2019 application is now open. Apply today!
Are You Eligible for UTR?
We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
- Are career-changers or recent college graduates.
- Are committed to teaching in high-needs schools in Queens, New York.
- Have a 3.0+ GPA in undergraduate work, and have not taken more than 18 hours in education courses.
- Are NOT currently certified to teach in the U.S.
- Are authorized to work in the United States.
- Can commit to the 24-month residency and to four years of teaching in New York City public schools after the successful completion of the residency.
- All applicants must take the GRE. There is no cut-off score required.
- Must also meet subject area requirements subject area eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
Application Step 1:
Gather your application materials (all undergraduate unofficial transcripts, including transfer credits, resume) and register to take the GRE.
Application Step 2:
Submit your application using our online portal.