Why Choose the Program?
Are you a current teacher looking to develop your capacity to help students with disabilities succeed? Here’s your opportunity to learn critical skills and earn a highly marketable advanced certification!
Apply to the New Visions Students with Disabilities (SWD) Advanced Certificate Initiative, a one-year, 21-credit program offered in collaboration with Relay Graduate School of Education, that begins in July 2020. The program is open to currently certified teachers in both New Visions Affinity and all New Visions Charter High Schools (NVCHS).
Teacher Benefits Include:
- Additional certification – Earn 7-12 SpEd Generalist certification.
- High quality, relevant coursework through Relay Graduate School of Education.
- Certification support as needed through New Visions.
- Subsidized Tuition – For NVCHS teachers, your school will pay $6,500 toward the total tuition. Program participants will pay the remaining $2,500 over the three semesters of the program. For Affinity teachers, your school will reimburse you for $4,200 of the cost of your degree; ultimately, you will pay only $4,800.
- Salary differential– NVCHS teachers who complete the program and earn certification will be eligible for the NVCHS dual certification salary differential; while Affinity teachers will earn 21 credits toward their differential.
Program Details & How to Apply
Teachers must have a Master’s Degree and an existing valid New York State classroom teacher certification. If you will be completing your certification by August 2020, you may be able to apply; please follow up with Danielle Del Valle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers who already hold certification in SpEd or are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or advanced certificate program for Special Education are not eligible.
How to Apply
By May 14th, 2020, complete the Interest Form, including the NVCHS Letter of Intent or Affinity Letter of Intent, signed by your principal. Eligible applicants will be invited to apply to Relay, and Relay applications are due June 1st.
Questions? Contact Danielle DelValle, email@example.com