Why Choose the Program?
Are you a current teacher looking to develop your capacity to help students with disabilities succeed? Here’s your opportunity to learn critical skills and earn a highly marketable advanced certification!
Apply to the New Visions Students with Disabilities (SWD) Advanced Certificate Initiative, a one-year, 21-credit program offered in collaboration with Relay Graduate School of Education. Our third cohort begins in July 2022. The cohort program is open to currently certified teachers in all New Visions Charter High Schools (NVCHS); other teachers are invited to apply directly to Relay GSE.
Teacher Benefits Include:
- Additional certification – Earn 7-12 SpEd Generalist certification.
- High quality, relevant coursework through Relay Graduate School of Education.
- Certification support as needed through New Visions.
- Subsidized Tuition – For NVCHS teachers, your school will pay $8,500 toward the total tuition. Program participants will pay the remaining $2,500 over the three semesters of the program.
- Salary differential– NVCHS teachers who complete the program and earn certification will be eligible for the NVCHS dual certification salary differential; other teachers will earn 21 credits toward their differential.
Program Details & How to Apply
Teachers must have a Master’s Degree and an existing valid New York State classroom teacher certification. If you will be completing your certification by August 2022, you may be able to apply; please follow up with Susan Rosello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers who already hold certification in SpEd or are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or advanced certificate program for Special Education are not eligible.
The program varies a bit depending upon whether or not you are a New Visions Charter High School teacher. Please click on the relevant document below to review the program details:
- New Visions Charter High School SWD Cohort FAQ
- Relay GSE Special Education Certification Program Overview (for non-NVCHS teachers applying directly)